Disability Information, Advocacy & Support
This service is designed to support, educate and advocate on behalf of whānau/individuals with disabilities, also known as tangata whaikaha. We also aim to provide encouragement and support to empower tangata whaikaha and their whānau to gain control over their lives, eventuating in an improved quality of life and independence. The service is free and open to all.
How can we support?
- Facilitating access to disability support services, government services and community providers
- Informing individuals and their whānau about the availability of MOH and non-MOH funded support services
- Providing educational information to caregivers, providers and the general public
- Advocacy on behalf of Māori and non-Māori with disability providers, government agencies, community providers, GP’s and specialists
- Supporting tangata whaikaha at their needs assessment and service co-ordination at WINZ, GP & specialist appointments
For registrations and enquiries, please contact Dawn.
Kaiāwhina DIAS: Dawn Tukaokao
Phone: 07 578 7838 ext. 210
We Value Your Feedback
Please complete the following form to help us improve