The kaumātua programme also named ‘Tīrairaka’ aims to support whānau to improve their overall well-being by providing a mentally and socially stimulating environment, specifically for kuia and koroua.
An overview of the programme
This programme is run weekly on Tuesday, where kaumātua take part in various interactive activities, fortnightly outings and regular visits to a clinician. The activities are designed to provide many health, recreational and therapeutic benefits. Planned programme activities are scheduled quarterly by the facilitator and participants.
A free pickup and drop off service is available and free to all enrolled/registered participants aged 55+.
This service includes:
- Consultation and monitoring of personal healthcare plan
- Participation in a range of social activities
- Walk-in clinic on site for health checks and monitoring by a qualified nurse
- In-home one on one visits from a qualified nurse practitioner are also available.
- Health Promotion & Education. This includes Menopause, Diabetes, Asthma, Mobility Issues and other topics participants may wish to learn about.
The programme runs weekly on Tuesday from 10.00am – 2.00pm.
We Value Your Feedback
Please complete the following form to help us improve