Huria Trust is seeking a highly motivated, qualified, and committed individual for appointment to the position of Kaiāwhina Hei Tiki Pūmau.
Huria Trust is committed to a vision of a fair and just society where Māori and non-Māori have equitable health outcomes. The Trust promotes the social, cultural and physical health, wellbeing and independence of whānau in a professional manner from a Whānau Ora outcomes approach. We are committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of pēpi, tamariki and their whānau. Our focus is healthy tamariki, confident whānau and connected communities.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and qualified person to support expectant and new mothers, partners and whānau as a pregnancy and parenting Kaiāwhina in the BOPDHB region.
The service provides free information, education and support to pregnant women and expectant partners, parents and whānau to meet their pregnancy and early parenting information, education and social support needs.
You must be able to demonstrate that you have:
• The appropriate qualifications/credentials for the role.
• Experience in adult teaching and/ or facilitation.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Can effectively coordinate and plan the education sessions to meet the needs of expectant parents and whanau, ensuring delivery of evidence-based information.
• The ability to connect compassionately and collaboratively with whānau and health care professionals.
• Community experience and in particular in our most at risk communities.
• A commitment to improved outcomes for whānau.
• The ability to report accurately using a number of different software.
Key personal specifications are:
• Current My Vaccine Pass
• Clean criminal record
• Great engagement skills
• An understanding of whānau ora
• Connection to local hapū/Iwi
• A good understanding of te reo Māori me ōna tikanga
• An understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its application within health settings
• Knowledge of indigenous models of practice.
• Good networking skills
• NZ residency
• Full NZ driver’s licence
How to Apply
You will be required to submit the following information:
- Huria Trust application form
- A letter of interest, explaining why you should be considered for the position.
- A copy of your current CV.
Please send your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application form.
Applications close 5pm, 11 February 2022.