Rongoā Māori Service
PLEASE NOTE, THIS SERVICE IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD. FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT HURIA TRUST (07) 578 7838
Our Rongoā Māori service offers a holistic approach to healing based on recognising the needs and well-being of an individual and supporting them with improving their health. The service is koha-based and confidential to anyone who wishes to register with us. Although Huria Trust has a focus specific to Māori, the service is open to all.
We are able to offer rongoā in the form of mirimiri (massage) and whakawhitinga kōrero (discussion/advice). Our kaiāwhina is a knowledgeable certified practitioner and is able to offer a range of therapies that are listed below. These therapies seek to enable individuals to gain relief and healing within their tinana, hinengaro, wairua and whānau.
- He Mirimiri Kōhatu Wera – Hot Stone Massage
- He Rerenga Toto – Vacuum Cupping
- He Mirimiri-a-ūpoko – Scalp Massaging
- He Puna wai Raparapa-a-Kawakawa – Kawakawa Foot Bath
- He Mirimiri Whakatā – Relaxation Massage
- He Mirimiri Hinu-a-Putiputi – Essential Oils Massage
- He Mirimiri-a-Ringaringa – Hand & Arm Massage
- He Whitiwhiti Kōrero, He Karakia – Including pastoral support
During your very first appointment, a consultation will occur whereby the practitioner will discuss with you a care plan identifying the most appropriate treatment for you. Consultation and treatment occurs on site at Huria Trust in the Whare Manaaki.
Referrals to other health professionals, including other Huria Trust services are accessible through this service.
Hours of operation
To be confirmed, please contact the Huria Trust office for more information.
Currently on hold
Phone: 07 578 7838
We Value Your Feedback
Please complete the following form to help us improve